T20 frenzy kicks off from today in Sri Lanka. 12 teams clash to the shortest format of Gentlemens game. My quick 20 takes -
1. Weather could play a spoil sport,which will tumble the points table.
2. David and Goliaths, punt on a minnows beating a top Test teams.
3. Expecting big sixes, swinging yorkers, ace fielding,the team with best bowling and fielding will win the Cup.
4. Lots of cricketers play T20 leagues in Aus, India, England and Lanka. - Oram, Pollard, Vettori, Afridi etc.
5. Games within games, some making comeback Yuvraj and Kallis, some facing wilderness, Pietrsen debuts on the analyst corner.
6. All Rounders on premium – Kallis, Oram, Morkel, Afridi, Razzaq, McCullum, Dhoni, Angello Matthews, Sammy.
7. Myster Spinners - Ajmal, Afridi, Narine, Mendis, Ashwin, Balaji.
8. Ace fielders - Guptill, Pollar, Raina, Virat, Imaran Nazir, DeVilliers, Warner.
9. Game changers with the bat - Gayle, Raina, bravo, Angello, Baristow, Warner, Watson.
10. Game changers with the ball - Gul, Afridi, Mendis, Narine, Steyn, Watson.
11. Teams to watch out Pakistan, West Indies, South Africa.
12. Minnows to watch out for Ireland, Bangladesh, Australia.
13. Twitter, FB is in, Live telecast may see a blip in T20 at least at the group stages.
14. This is the most open tournament of cricket is last 10 years or more.
15. SL tend to be low and slow, the pitches are relaid and hopefully they wont be slow and low.
16. Toss could be a very big deal.
17. Dhoni and Co look very good if you consider a batting unit, only.
18. Future stars that may emerge will still have to grind it out in Test match areans.
19. A brilliant piece of felding, consecutive boundaries, run outs may just change the game on its head.
20. May the best team win.