27.10.11

About: Lamp of Diwali


It is hard to know when human civilization exactly began. Its not hard to imagine,that it would have coincided with human mastering the ability to ignite and control fire. It is on a momentous, auspicious festival like Diwali, it would make sense to look back to take stock of things that happened, both good and bad and for the good and bad. A reality check if you want to say that.

The world is changing rapidly as we seek, as it changes, more distance seeps in between me and myself. The world seems to spin that much faster and everything seems to get fuzzy as I loose touch with my being and soul. Everything around me seems to be a distraction to the actions I am destined to do. Yet, I tread on the same path everyday. I don’t know if Karma is a bitch but Maya can certainly make u fell like a dumb mule. All this comes from elaborate stories that I have been told or I have heard, all coming from grandparents and parents, other elders in the family and society as whole. There is one steadfast belief though, there is no heaven or hell, you pay for your deeds in this life itself. The situations get nastier as you more on in life, the consequences to seem to impact harder and vice versa.

I just thought it would be good to take a step back, take 10 deep breaths and dare to look how the past have been. The keys to future lies in making peace with the past. It could be something that we may have not realized at that point in time, or something we regret now, but one has to set some way to repent and make peace with both the bad and not so bad simply in order to move ahead.

The festival of Diwali is the festival of lights. It is light that dispels ignorance and illuminates the truth. The lamp of made of conscience of mind and soul, wick of vices, so that we give up bad in exchange of good, negativity if thought and action in exchange of positivity of action, oiled by courage and determination to strive hard that flames hope happiness & humility all roud,seeking blessing from Divine.

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
read as follow

Asato mā sad gamaya
Tamaso mā jyotir gamaya
Mṛtyormā amṛtam gamaya
Aum śānti śānti śānti

which means

From ignorance, lead me to truth;
From darkness, lead me to light;
From death, lead me to immortality
Aum peace, peace, peace

Let us all strive to let the Divine light keeps burning within. I take this opportunity, time and space and urge you to find the light within and share it with the world. Happy Diwali to everyone.

No comments: